Here are some instructions you can follow to download the updated content for the new IntoScience release.
- Download the new content bundle from http://cdn.intoscience.com/downloads/IntoScience_LocalContent_1-8.zip (554 MB last updated 8th February 2016)
- While this is downloading, go to the current folder where the content is being held (eg. C:\inetpub\wwwroot) and move the entire contents of this folder into a new folder named IntoScience1.7.
- When the content bundle has finished downloading, extract this file into the folder where the outdated content was being held (eg. C:\inetpub\wwwroot).
- Once extracted, you should see a CDN folder. Enter this folder and cut all contents of this folder and paste back into the parent folder (eg. C:\inetpub\wwwroot). Once you have done this, the CDN folder should be empty, so you can delete it.
- Open IntoScience and sign in using a teacher account. Click the atom icon in the top right corner, click Settings, then School Settings. Ensure that the Use School Content Server check box is ticked and the Content Server URL is directed to your IP address.
- To test the content is being served locally, you can use a web proxy debugger tool like Fiddler, Charles or Firebug to ensure the data is being pulled from your IP address as opposed to the web. (If you had to reselect the Use School Content Server checkbox and update the Content Server URL field in School Settings, you may need to sign out and back in again for this to work).