- Download the LocalContent archive from http://cdn.intoscience.com/downloads/IntoScience_LocalContent_1-6-8095.zip (525 MB last updated 15 May 2015)
- Extract the contents of the archive to the root of a website on your network. eg C:\inetpub\wwwroot
- Add the MIME types to the web server configuration
MIME Type: application/vnd.unity
To activate Local Content for all School Users
- Sign in to IntoScience using a teacher account
- Select School Settings from the Settings menu (top right)
- Check “Use School Content Server” checkbox
- Enter the web address of the content server. ie http://intranet.myschool.com or http://192.168.1.27 etc (don’t include trailing slash)
- Click the Save button.
If configured correctly, a message will be displayed “Set content server url successfully”.
Any other message indicates an issue connecting to the specified server – see Technical Issues.
Any user who signs in will now retrieve static content from the local school content server. Dynamic content will come from IntoScience’s web platform.
A user who signs in from outside of the school network will default back to using IntoScience public content servers automatically.
When entering the content url, omit the trailing slash. It will be added after site access has been checked.
If the Content URL fails to be set, try and access the url http://intranet.myschool.com/crossdomain.xml in your web browser as this may help diagnose permission / network issues. Replace the domain name in the URL with your schools web server address.
If you need further assistance please contact tech support and we will be happy to help.