To install the IntoScience OS X App on multiple computers behind a proxy server download the OS X App and follow the instructions below.
- Unzip the IntoScience App to your Applications folder
- Create a text file called proxyConfig.ini file and add one line containing your schools proxy address and port e.g. http://10.0.0.1:8080
- Select the IntoScience App and right-click and choose “Show Package Contents” from the menu.
- Copy the proxyConfig.ini into the Contents folder
- Distribute the modified version of the App to the target computers using your IT administration software
When students launch the IntoScience App they will be prompted to enter their credentials for the school proxy server (if not required they can just hit enter) and they will then be asked to sign in to IntoScience using their username and password.
This configuration will be moved into the Teacher Controls > School settings menu in a future release.